The goal of this project was to build a bot that would race another robot in a “Mario Kart” theme. The bot was designed for input from sensing tape, beacons and power ups from several stations placed throughout the track.
“Mechatronics & Robotics” instructed by Professor Derek Reamon during the Spring 2010 semester.
Chris Coleman, Ryan Keeran, Ryan Latini, Vijeth Rai
Autonomous “Mario Kart” Racing Robot
- Designed and fabricated an autonomous bot to race other teams in class
- Robot programmed to determine: course boundaries, opponent positions, course checkpoints
- Launched ping-pong balls at other bots
- Implemented unique 3 omni-directional wheel design
- Programmed in LabView using NI sbRio with FPGA